Review: Body Natur Hair Bleaching Cream

8:48 PM

♥ MY FACEBOOK: HANDSTONES ♥ 

I bought this cream months ago at Watson's SM Makati for Php700 (around US$ 16) because I don't want to wax or shave my arm hair and at the same time, avoid dark, hairy,  arms.


First of all let me explain the masking tape. After several months the bleaching base (#1) apparently corroded the plastic and I don't know why. Anyway, a box contains:
- 70ml bleaching base cream (#1)
- 70ml Activator cream (#2)
- A mixing palette
- A plastic spatula
I've lost the box already, where the ingredients are listed but I remember it contains ammonia and chamomile extract. It has a strong but bearable chemical smell. The activator cream is beige in color and the bleaching base is white. The consistency is very creamy & it doesn't drip. Notice how the bleaching base has corroded the plastic nozzle!
Activator cream


Bleaching base

Instructions and Precautions:




Application:
Here is a picture of my arm BEFORE using this:


 
I don't use the mixing palette. I mix equal parts of the bleaching base and activactor directly on my arm.



After mixing, the cream is spread just like spreading jam on bread, but with lighter pressure. Make sure to coat the entire hair shaft.



The instruction on the box says to leave it for 10 minutes but of course, I exceed that time. I leave it for 15 minutes. The cream can't bleach anymore 30 minutes after being mixed together. When you're satisfied with the hair color (it would lighten from brown to blonde), scrape of the cream using the spatula then wash your arms with running water and soap. My skin becomes red and a little itchy afterwards so I always moisturize.


After


After
Before (Again)


Honestly, there isn't much difference between the before and after pictures but I promise there is! Especially if I really soak your arm hair with this, some hairs become blonde. 

I've tried this with my eyebrows even though it prohibits doing so. I did it after I had my hair colored and my dark eyebrows looked odd with my brown hair. The result was somewhat light brown-black because I left it for 5 minutes only (I don't want barely there brows!). When I was rinsing it off (running water, facial wash), I shut my eyes very tightly and never opened them until I towel dried my face. As usual I scrape off the cream before rinsing my skin. My brow area was red and without allergic reactions. I'm just sharing my experience with this cream on my brows but I'm not recommending that you do the same :).

Pros:
- Non-drip cream
- Easy to use. Complete materials inside.
- Generous amount (70ml each tube)
- Affordable
- Effective

Cons:
-The plastic packaging of the bleaching base.
-Smell 

For my review of a depilatory cream, go here.

********
Shameless Plug-in! :)
Check out my other blog handstones.blogspot.com where I show & sell my own beautifully handmade jewelries made from real crystals, because jewelry should be something special and fashionable. I also feature DIY and bead buying tips from time to time.


♥ MY FACEBOOK: HANDSTONES ♥ 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter