,

Review: Swanson Melatonin 3mg 120's

12:05 AM

Finally it's been over a month since I've been using Swanson melatonin and I can finally review it properly. I chose this one because the melatonin being sold at malls are too expensive (Php 400 30 capsules, sometimes Php 12 per capsule, etc.)



What: 120 clear caplets of 3mg melatonin
Where I bought it: Online at Sulit.com.ph. The seller was Save On Shop or SOS. Item arrived around 3 days.
Price: Php 190 + shipping fee

To those who are unfamiliar with melatonin, it's an enzyme that humans naturally produce to be able to fall asleep. The gland that produces it, the pineal gland, is light sensitive so we produce melatonin more when the lights are out. Insomniacs like me can very much benefit from this. I can stay giddy and energetic up to 3 AM and that's not right. We humans aren't nocturnal. :(


The caplets are about 1 cm long and I often just swallow one without water. 




Is it effective then? For a chronic insomniac like me, I have to take 2 caplets a night to be knocked down asleep. 1 caplet just makes me sleepy, which isn't enough. At 2 caplets, my eyelids become heavy and after a while *RING RING!* My alarm clock! It's morning! I was able to sleep! :-D It takes about 15 minutes before I feel sleepy.

The same goes when I used Puritan's Pride Melatonin 120's 3mg. I had to take 1-2 tablets (not caplets) with water to fall asleep. 

It's 12AM already. Time to take it!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter