Shawill 12 Color Cream Eyeshadow #5

1:26 AM


Have you heard of Shawill? I first saw it in Watson's and because of the cheap price and the "translationese" english, I never bought one for myself. My mom did, so I decided to do a review anyway.

My mom threw the box away where the ingredients are listed. I can only show you the palette itself. It costs around Php200-Php300.

Define "noble grace."
The hinge is just a small plastic so be a little careful flipping the lid.

The container doesn't close well. It doesn't click and lock.  Though out of style, I suggest wrapping an elastic band, a pony tail band or whatever around the palette to close it securely if you're bringing this with you.

Here is the palette:

It consists of 12 high shimmery colors that seemed to be coated with large shimmer chunks. It gives a shimmery, metallic finish. There's a small mirror under the applicator. The sponge tips are firm, a little rubbery.

Here's a closer look:

The "black" color just gives a dark gray pay-off. Not really ideal for deep, dark looks.


The "white" color in the upper right is yellowish compared to the "white" on the lower left, which is purely white. I prefer the yellowish white because it gives a more opaque pay-off and is also useful for high lighting the brow bone and cheek bone.

Here are the swatches:

Swatches using sponge applicator.
Swatches smudged thrice.
Here are a few quick eyeshadow looks I tried with Shawill  12 Color Cream Eyeshadow and a different brand of black eyeshadow. No eyeliner, no mascara.









I used my homemade eye primer (the only one I use) before applying the eyeshadow.


So.. what's my say?
- Glittery fallout. Even though I used a primer.
- Not really cream eyeshadow.
- Light colors aren't pigmented. I could still see my skin after the 3rd application.
- Dark colors are fairly pigmented although not impresive.
- For a day look, it's best to keep the eyeshadow below the crease. It's just so shimmery.

How I use this.
- I use the two browns to line my lower lash line.
- I use the yellowish white to highlight my brow bone, cupid's bow, nose bridge and chin (using my finger).
- I use a little of the  2 orange colors to brighten up my eyes.
- Along with other eyeshadow brands and finishes. This palette is too shimmery.
- Dust off some fallout using a big, fluffy brush or better yet, use scotch tape to pick-up the excess shimmer.

*********
Shameless Plug-in! :)
Check out my other blog handstones.blogspot.com where I show & sell my own beautifully handmade jewelries made from real crystals, because jewelry should be something special and fashionable. I also feature DIY and bead buying tips from time to time.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter