Emu Oil & My Acne

7:00 PM

Last year I bought two 10ml bottles of milky, opaque emu oil just to try it because Demi Moore, Oprah and Zac Efron have raved about it. I have researched online about emu oil benefits and found out that it's also edible. Emu oil comes from the emu bird, a large bird native to Australia. Emu oil is basically fat from emu meat. Pictures are not mine.




Since  people also raise emu birds for meat, I thought buying emu oil isn't a selfish thing to do ( I love animals!) The main reason for buying emu oil is my white, old stretchmarks. I finished one 10ml bottle with no improvement on my stretchmarks so I lost interest with emu oil and stored my other 10ml sample away. 

Recently, I had a weak TCA peel on my face. The peeling went well but after it, I started to break out really bad. What's worse, I developed many small, painless, flesh-colored bumps on my cheekbones and around my eyes. Being a girl who rarely breaks out, I didn't know what to do. I pricked my pimples hoping to drain something out. Nothing, just the clear fluid. I stopped using my face creams and emulsion for a while. I thought about applying emu oil. Within a week my pimples were almost gone and I'm not having new ones! I wasn't able to take pictures because I never assumed it would work! About 2-3 weeks the small, painless bumps were about 80% gone and my 10ml bottle isn't even halfway used.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter