Hollywood Style Whitening Lotion

5:55 PM

Hollywood Style Whitening Lotion



I bought this recently at Watson's for Php200 (US$4.70). Hollywood Style has also other variants like "wrinkle cream", "stretchmark cream" and such. Let's proceed with the review of Hollywood Style Whitening Lotion. :)

What:
Whitening lotion in a tube. Claims to be of professional spa and salon formula. Claims to minimize freckle, reduce darkening and make skin fairer and brighter.


I was particularly attracted with arbutin (alpha arbutin) because I know it's a strong whitening ingredient. The price (Php200), the amount (150ml) and alpha arbutin are the reasons why I bought this one, despite of a few wacky chemicals.

I hate seeing mineral oil, parabens, DMDM Hydantoin and ethanolamine of whatever kind on my lotion's ingredients. But I needed a whitening lotion,  because I'm getting dark. I don't know why I have a strong bias for fair skin.


100% veggie ingredients? I don't think so. Dispose after 12 months. In the end, I noticed that I got fairer and brighter. This doesn't have sunblock so use a different lotion with sunblock during daytime. If not for the wacky chemicals, this would've been awesome. Maybe there are organic whitening lotions out there, although expensive.


Pros:
Php200, 150ml. Cheap for the amount.
Available at Watsons.
Non-greasy, but it's better applied when skin is moist (I prefer spraying water over my skin first)
For me, it was effective. My elbows and knees became lighter (but still not that fair).
Scented (it's a con for some)


Cons:
Wacky chemicals. Claimed 100% veggie ingredients when I think, it's not.

**********
Shameless Plug-in! :)
Check out my other blog handstones.blogspot.com where I show & sell my own beautifully handmade jewelries made from real crystals, because jewelry should be something special and fashionable. I also feature DIY and bead buying tips from time to time.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter