,

Quick Review: Avon Kohl Eyeliner in Black & Brown

4:40 PM

MY FACEBOOK: HANDSTONES

Let me go straight to the point. I was fooled by this eyeliner. I thought it was retractable. Overall, I was really frustrated. I'm definitely NOT buying again. NO. N to the capital O - NO.





What I hate about Avon is that they use good photography but when you get to try MOST, not all, of their cosmetics, it's either too waxy or powdery. So far I only liked Glazewear, Minerals (the least waxy lipstick!) and their lip liners.





What: 1 gram of eyeliner in a plastic tube (non-retractable)
Where I bought it: Ordered it from Avon.
How much: Php 130




I can go about all day how much this really sucks. I don't care if it's made in Argentina or what, it is the waxiest eyeliner I've tried. Almost like a lip balm! The eyeliner bullet you see protruding is EVERYTHING there is of it. It's not retractable and there is a good chance of hitting the product itself when you try to remove the plastic cap, which fits quite tight.

The brown one is reddish and metallic while the black one looks like Payne's gray rather than black.









The good side: it has no parabens (but has BHT). 





If you've already bought this, the best thing WE can do with this is use it as an eyeshadow primer. It's too waxy to be an eyeliner. Look how much it easily smudged. I just ran my finger lightly on it and damn, you're a lip balm disguising as an eyeliner.






So NO I'M NOT BUYING ONE AGAIN and I don't recommend this to anyone, not even to young girls on a budget. Seriously buy an eyeliner at least from Revlon to avoid big time smearing and smudging. Good under Php 500 eyeliners that I've tried are Revlon Colorstay and In2It gel eyeliner (which looks like a pencil eyeliner).  I stumbled upon a blog post of Ms. Donnarence of Lucid Intervals. I am curious about Eye of Horus or K-Palette because of her. Read her top 4 eyeliner picks here

********
Shameless Plug-in! :)
Check out my other blog handstones.blogspot.com where I show & sell my own beautifully handmade jewelries made from real crystals, because jewelry should be something special and fashionable. I also feature DIY and bead buying tips from time to time.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter