Review: Glamworks Body Wax Strips for Sensitive Skin

11:27 AM


♥ MY FACEBOOK: HANDSTONES ♥ 

I bought this at Watson's hoping to eliminate or minimize underarm shaving, since laser is quite expensive and hot wax is too time consuming and messy.





What: 

- 12 pieces (6 pairs) cold wax strips (no honey) + 2 pieces after wax wipes
-Lightly scented

Price: Php150 at Watson's

The other variant (for dry skin) costs Php189.


These are what's inside the box:




Here is the information behind the box: (Just click here to enlarge)






I followed the instructions and initially tested it on my arm hair. As you can see in the photos below, it did a good work removing a patch of arm hairs. I hope you notice that the hairless patch on my arm is lighter. I used the wax strip thrice to remove more hairs beyond the area it covers. 



Before


After
After


Once used, I advise you not to use the strips again, because when I did, most of the wax sticked to my skin. I just dusted baby powder to diminish the stickiness and rubbed it off. I haven't used the after wax wipes yet. Below are the strips I used.





Glamworks body wax strips are very economic, I think. So for my underarms, I am yet to post pictures because my underarm hairs aren't long enough. Yes that's the downside of waxing; it removes the hair from the root but one must wait until the underarm hairs are long enough (around 4mm, 1/2 centimeter is 5mm).



**Update**

So this is embarrassing but for the sake of this blog, here is a picture of my underarm unshaved for one week. Ew I know.



Here is my left underarm after waxing:


With flash.
That's after 2 strips of the wax. Not all hairs were waxed out. I simply plucked them after. The arrow points at the wax residue it left. The After Depilation Wipes are just oil-soaked wipes to remove the stickiness and residue. I didn't have to rinse it. In my next wax, I'd use extra virgin olive oil or sunflower oil instead.

Here is my right underarm after the wax:


There was also the sticky, wax residue and some bloody hair follicles. I suggest you pluck after applying oil so your tweezers won't end up sticky. 


Pros:
- Economical
- Easy to use
- Affordable Php150
- Available at Watson's

Cons:
- Sticky wax residue
- Thick hairs, like underarm hairs, aren't totally removed
- Wax is a bit soft and melts quite much. (Perhaps I should lessen the rubbing to 10 seconds rather than the suggested 15 seconds?)

**********
Shameless Plug-in! :)
Check out my other blog handstones.blogspot.com where I show & sell my own beautifully handmade jewelries made from real crystals, because jewelry should be something special and fashionable. I also feature DIY and bead buying tips from time to time.

♥ MY FACEBOOK: HANDSTONES ♥ 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter