Review: Avon Superextend and SuperCurlacious Mascara

7:16 PM

♥ MY FACEBOOK: HANDSTONES ♥ 

Avon SuperCurlacious Mascara: 4/5
Avon Superextend Mascara: 3/5

Hi! Here is a short but thorough review of my experience with Avon SuperCurl and Superextend Mascara. 

Avon Superextend Mascara






Price: Php399
Color: Black 
Amount: 7 grams





The wand is made out of silicone rubber and is small enough to coat short and hard-to-reach lashes. That's good, isn't it? I placed 25 Philippine cents for comparison.

INGREDIENTS: (Just click to enlarge)



Application:


No mascara
With Avon SuperExtend Mascara

With my experience, Avon Superextend mascara takes ages to dry! I applied it in the morning and spent 5 minutes doing my hair. I was about to curl my lashes again but it was still moist. So at lunch break I decided to curl it and oh what a struggle. The mascara was so sticky it made my lashes stick to the metal rim of my lash curler. This is more like Avon Supersticky mascara. I did curl my lashes BEFORE applying Avon Superextend but it just made my lashes bone straight again.To make things worse, I have to thoroughly comb through my lashes because it clumps when I try to curl it. 


It gives, however, good volume. It also lasts the entire day, but it's not waterproof. It doesn't smudge on my oily skin nor give me raccoon eyes. I haven't tried crying while wearing this mascara though.

Here are some tips to lessen the stickiness:

- Curl your lashes before applying this mascara
- Comb lashes thoroughly the mascara wet (even though it's bone straight)
- Apply at least 3 coats of a quick-drying mascara over Avon Superextend (local ones are good, because they offer thin coating so you can gradually layer it over Superextend.) 
- Comb it again and let it dry.
- Curl it again and comb gently through clumps (wiggle the lash comb)
- Bring a lash comb on your travel makeup kit always.

Pros:

Gives good volume, length
Color payoff is good
Widely available
Non-waterproof
Doesn't transfer on lids (Not when it's still moist of course)
Lasts the entire day until you take it off
Affordable 


Cons:

Takes ages to dry
Can be quite sticky and clumpy
Makes my lashes bone straight! I need to curl it again after applying it

Repurchase Avon Superextend Mascara? No.

Avon Supercurlacious Mascara




Price: Php399
Color: Black
Amount: 7.5 grams




The wand is also made out of silicone rubber. It has longer bristles (they're actually pink) and a bigger brush. I love the curved mascara brush too. 

Ingredients:





The base of the brush is quite bendable. Anyway, this has become my most used mascara. It lasts all day, color payoff is excellent, holds a curl well (Doesn't make my lashes super bone straight, but it lessens the curl) and gives good volume and noticeable length. It's not waterproof too which is good for me because it's easier to remove. I once piled on a waterproof mascara and it took 3 days before I removed it! 
No mascara



With Avon Supercurlacious mascara, 1 coat.

With flash



Like Superextend, unfortunately, this takes ages to dry and I have to curl my lashes again after applicationl. I just do the same tips I do with Superextend. Tedious, I know. One time, I even applied black eyeshadow over my lashes just to get rid of the stickiness but it transfers on my lids.

Pros:

Gives good volume, length
Color payoff is good
Widely available
Non-waterproof
Doesn't transfer on lids (Not when it's still moist of course)
Lasts the entire day until you take it off
Affordable 


Cons:

Takes ages to dry
Can be quite sticky and clumpy

Repurchase Avon Supercurlacious Mascara? Probably yes. (I want to try out more mascaras.)

So I hope I informed you in any way. Thanks for reading!

************

Shameless Plug-in! :)
Check out my other blog handstones.blogspot.com where I show & sell my own beautifully handmade jewelries made from real crystals, because jewelry should be something special and fashionable. I also feature DIY and bead buying tips from time to time.

♥ MY FACEBOOK: HANDSTONES ♥ 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter