Review: Bella Dolce Eyeshadow Quad in Midnight Dream

7:44 PM




Hi there! I never thought I would be tempted to purchase eyeshadow from the supermarket. I bought this in Robinson's Supermarket at Php 284. This set, Midnight Dream  (12g), is dedicated to creating deep, sultry smokey eye shadow, at least that's what the colors show.


Ingredients:

Your typical eyeshadow ingredients, but with 5 parabens present: Methyl, ethyl, propyl, butyl and isobutyl paraben. I wonder why one kind of paraben isn't enough.



The packaging is plastic with a mirror and the lid and lock are sturdy and stable. No applicator included. I think even the small, neglected sponge applicator could be useful for quick, unexpected retouches. 





The colors have cool undertones. I used the brown color by itself before going to school and I noticed that this palette may not be the best for mornings. Even the brown doesn't warm up my lids. I looked a bit gothic. Perhaps the palette Espresso is better for creating warm neutral looks. 

Here are some swatches.







First row: Applied once using an eyeshadow brush w/o concealer or eye primer.
Second row: Applied once using an eyeshadow brush atop of concealer.
Third row: Applied once using my fingers w/o concealer or eye primer.

I just took those swatches using my phone so here are better pictures:


Swatched using my fingers.
Rubbed 3x vigorously.


Top row: With primer. Applied using an eye shadow brush.
Bottom row: Without primer. Applied using an eye shadow brush.

The finish is somehow between matte and shimmery. Actually, Midnight Dream has very few shimmer. No chunky ones either. The lasting power is average without primer on. The eye shadow is almost gone at noon (that's oily lids plus moderate sweating). With primer on, of course, it lasts longer.

Here's a better look of the black eye shadow:




When I'm feeling lazy, I use the black as an eyeliner. I dampen a slant, eyeliner brush first then apply it like a gel eyeliner. Here is a quick eye shadow look I did using this palette:






The gray eye shadow in Midnight Dream is too matte and quite too close to black. I suggest using a metallic or shimmery one, unless you want a full matte look. The white eye shadow is not the pigmented and the brown, I think, needs more warmth.


Overall, this is a good palette, although I can't assure myself of repurchasing this as there are so many neutral palettes out there I've yet to try! 

www.fiametta.ph 
Midnight Dream





What I like:
Minimal shimmer, almost none.
Fine powder.
Fair to Good staying power.
Sturdy plastic packaging. Doesn't feel cheap.
Big enough mirror.
Smokey eye shadow palette on the go.
Affordable. Php 284.
Fragrance-free.

What I dislike:
No applicator included.
Chemical packed!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter