Bigen Silk Touch Permanent Hair Color in 8N Light Blonde

12:04 AM

♥ MY FACEBOOK: HANDSTONES ♥ 

Bigen Silk Touch Permanent Hair Color in 8N Light Blonde


First of all, it's not light blonde. It's reddish brown. I bought this for round Php280 at Watson's. It's a permanent hair color and for the Silk Touch line, there's no ash or blonde hues. Just rich browns and blacks.


That is the packaging. I think it was the lightest shade I saw. It comes with this comb applicator so there's no need for a brush. If you have thick and long hair (like mine! Up to my bra line) this isn't enough. I only bought this to cover my roots (4 inches!), and I was only able to cover half. From my nape up to below my ears, I still have black roots but it's not that obvious.


This is the color guide on the box, but...


the pretty Western lady on the box is just a "jacket!" This is the real packaging which says the same thing. But the color guide is different.


It's more reddish on the Japanese box and on my opinion, it's true.



The following are the contents:

The instruction leaflet comes in 3 languages: Japanese, English and a language with alphabets I've never seen before (not Thai!). I juxtaposed a Php20 bill just for reference purposes.


Disposable plastic gloves

Use the pointed end to pierce the tube


Developing Cream
The developing cream is only a third of the bottle. If you mix in the color in the tube, the bottle will be 2/3rds full. The mixture of developing cream and color cream comes out white and turns brown overtime. White cream is better because you'd see where you're applying the cream (useful if you're coloring your own hair & if you have dark hair.) The leaflet says that once you mixed it, you should use it and never store it (it will explode, it says.) The instruction indicates only a 25-minute developing time but I left the cream on my thick, long, coarse and wavy hair for 50 minutes (I couldn't stand the smell for another 10 minutes!) I could really see my hair turning brown and even my meanest, toughest, thickest curls were colored.


Rinsing wasn't a big mess. My main problem was the smell. It doesn't smell so floral at all. It's not that terrible but I became dizzy as I do my hair color so I suggest adequate ventilation (or color your hair in your backyard or garden lol.) The conditioner that comes with the box isn't enough so use your own too. The chemical smell lingered on my hair for about 5 days. Also, my hair became slightly dry after coloring but went back to normal after 3 days. I suggest using a hair mask for 2 days straight.


Pros:
-cheap (php280)
-effective. Good coverage even for thick, curly, resistant hair.
-available in Watson's
-the fancy comb.
-color on the box about 70-85% accurate depending on natural hair color


Cons
-the smell
-a little drying
-too little content. Not enough for thick medium hair.

Suggestions and tips:
-good ventilation when coloring
-rubber bands to tighten the gloves' ends.
-dark towel and dark t-shirt
-put oil or petroleum jelly on your nape, ears and hairline around forehead
-time yourself properly
-you can also have a friend to do the coloring for you :)

****UPDATE NOV. 30, 2012****

The color fades, unfortunately, but not totally. I would say about 30-40%.

*********
Shameless Plug-in! :)
Check out my other blog handstones.blogspot.com where I show & sell my own beautifully handmade jewelries made from real crystals, because jewelry should be something special and fashionable. I also feature DIY and bead buying tips from time to time.


♥ MY FACEBOOK: HANDSTONES ♥ 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter