,

Human Nature Mineral Cosmetics

4:39 PM

Human Nature Mineral Cosmetics


I honestly thought it would be no-good. I mean, come on, mineral cosmetics at a cheap price? But when I got Human Nature Mineral Powder, Human Nature Mineral Blush, Human Nature Mineral Eyeshadow and Human Nature Mineral Hydrating Lipstick, I changed the way I view affordable mineral cosmetics. They're really mineral, no funky chemicals. Plus you gotta love the packaging.




 Human Nature Mineral Powder

I'm sorry I don't know how much they cost, but you can visit their website at the end of this blog. :)

This is not a two-way powder so you can't use them wet. Cute embossed heart shape! I've read some blogs claiming that this pressed powder breaks easily, and I mean shatter, so they had no choice but to transfer it to another cosmetic pot. The packaging feels solid and it closes very tightly. It feels expensive actually. I wonder what that little white knob is for. No overpowering scent.


The sponge is similar to Maybelline's Clear Smooth oil control foundation SPF 20. A bit rubbery but it doesn't drag the skin. The powder feels really smooth and powdery, but not like the "espasol" baby powder kind. Island Shell suits medium skin tones. It offers light to medium coverage and it doesn't streak. Good for everyday use, especially if you don't want to look all poshed up. The oil control however is not good. My face was oily within a few hours and I had to retouch.   I decided to give my Maybelline foundation to my mom and to start using this one because I believe organic products have a shorter shelf-life. So this has been my pressed powder at school, I commute for at least one hour and it's very hot here (27-34 degrees Celsius normally) so sweaty people aren't an unusual sight. Indeed I was impressed! Although my face was oily and sweaty when I arrived at school, I retouch and from then, my face stayed smooth for about 4 hours. I think I belittled this one too much. However, the coverage isn't enough to conceal broken capillaries on your face and dark under-eye circles but it isn't cakey and cheap/artificial-looking. Refills (Php199) are available too! I will avail of this again.







 Human Nature Mineral Blush 


My favorite! Rosy Cheeks suits my skin tone very well and doesn't look fake or clownish. Also, it doesn't look like sitting on top of your cheeks. Of course you have to blend and blur it well! I applied this using a kabuki brush (because it's just so soft).




One thing I dislike about this is its lasting power. It doesn't last very long, especially if you have an oily face like me, or you sweat a lot, like me. No overpowering scent though. Check out the ingredients if you wish:

 Human Nature Mineral Eyeshadow

Hmm..I am not really fond of violet eyeshadows. I prefer neutrals, mauve even pinks or golds. Anyway, here is their eyeshadow trio.


 Like the pressed powder, the packaging feels expensive. It closes tightly and is not loose. It comes with a dual-ended sponge applicator. I use eyeshadow brushes though. No funky scent. Big mirror.




 Here are my swatches.
With primer vs. Without primer
By the way, the primer that I'm using is a homemade one haha. I made it out of a Clinique face cream, BB cream and Pure Beauty eye cream. Anyway, I would like to stress that this eyeshadow CAN'T WORK without a primer! I could just blow the product off the back of my hand! It doesn't cleave well to the skin ever. So PRIMER IS A MUST. It's not very pigmented.



Low light condition




The black color I used as an eyeliner is another black eyeshadow of mine. It's not Human Nature or mineral. I suggest that you always use a liner with this one, even just a brown one to pull the look together. This was just a quick makeup done under 3 minutes for the sake of this blog :).

 Human Nature Mineral Hydrating Lipstick 

 My ultimate favorite, if only it lasts long and a bit more pigmented! 


Cute package. The lid is tight so don't worry about the jumble in your makeup bag. However, this being mineral, and because Philippines is just too hot, there were moisture beads on this poor lipstick, so store it in a cool place. Expiration date is printed on that silver part of the lipstick.






The swatch after running my finger lightly unto it.




See! It's not very pigmented. It's quite transparent too. But it's okay if you don't want to look all poshed up. Perfect for day use but consider touch ups. Or you can use a lip tint under this lipstick to your lips colored longer. I have dark lips so maybe those with naturally pink, angel lips can deal with this one. :)

What I really like about this is that it doesn't form that yucky gunk over your lips after a few hours. You know, those thick lipstick gunk, especially near the sides of your lips, which you have to wipe off with tissue. It's not  waxy either, so consider it staying put without the need of a lip liner. No glitters and shimmers.

Visit the Human Nature website here.

**********
Shameless Plug-in! :)
Check out my other blog handstones.blogspot.com where I show & sell my own beautifully handmade jewelries made from real crystals, because jewelry should be something special and fashionable. I also feature DIY and bead buying tips from time to time.









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter