, ,

REVIEW: ELF Shimmer Palette

10:02 PM

I bought this online out of curiosity. Online, because it's too overpriced in the Philippines. I am not willing to pay Php 260 (US$6) for something that costs around US$3 in the States.



What:Cream shimmer 
Spotted: Online.
Price: Php 260 in malls (Watson's & Department Stores) Php 170 online.

Packaging

I can say that the packaging is super slick and does not look drugstore at all. It doesn't have that cheap tacky casing instead, it has this matte, lightweight plastic casing with a transparent panel. The con of this packaging is that the shimmer and oil look prominent against the black, matte casing. Inside youll find an adequately sized horizontal mirror.  The flip cover does not feel loose. The brush comes handy when highlighting the corners of the eyes.

Ingredients and Product Info:






Performance

ELF shimmer palette does not have a sticky consistency. Instead it has this smooth, buttery, melt-in-your finger consistency that almost feels like powder when you apply it on your face. It spreads easily so no worries about dragging your skin. I think this is good for people with oily to dry skin. I have combination skin (oily T-zone, the rest is dry) and I have no qualms about the consistency. 




Once on the skin, you can barely tell which is which. Only the white one looks too white or frosty on the skin, the rest - peach, gold and pink - look the same on the skin. The good thing is, ELF Shimmer Palette does not have big, chunky glitters, just frost.

Lasting Power:
Hmm. ELF shimmer palette does not set. Therefore, it can be easily wiped off the skin. It lasts around 3 hours on my normal day (commute, sweat, 29 degrees Celsius). I find that if I set it with ELF Luminance, it lasts longer.

Application:
I usually tap my clean finger on the palette and tap it (not wipe) on my cheekbones, brow bone, cupid's bow and nose bridge. I apply this after my foundation, concealer and setting powder.

***FOTD to follow***

Here are a few of my ELF collection. Yup, I'm an ELF junkie now.

ELF Shimmer Palette, ELF bronzer & Blush Duo (ST. Lucia), ELF Luminance & Matte Brown, ELF Day 2 Night, ELF Essential Eyebrushes


Verdict
3.5/5

PROS
Worth the money.
Handy and Portable.
Versatile (I use this too highlight my collarbone & shoulders, too.)
No chunky glitters. Does not look cheap on the skin.
Buttery consistency. Spreadable. Not sticky.

CONS
Not that long-lasting. Lasts 3 hours by itself.
Colors look similar on the skin.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter