,

REVIEW: Epilin Hair Remover Hot Wax

7:30 PM

I have been using Epilin to wax my bikini area and underarms bare since my first year in college. I love Epilin wax because it isn't too sticky and is made of natural ingredients including resin and beeswax. Here is a review on why I like it so much.



What: 45 grams of hot wax in an aluminum pan. There is also a larger pan available.Spatula and instructions included.
Spotted: Watson's
Price: Php 80. 

Packaging

It is housed in a simple cardboard and transparent plastic packaging. The spatula and instructions (in English) is included. At 30 degrees celsius the wax becomes kind of soft. I heat the wax on the smallest range on the stove. I heat it for about 3 minutes depending how much I want to melt.



Instructions and Ingredients:






Performance

Good! My only qualm is that there are sometimes small bits of wax left when I pull it off. Here is a step by step process on how I use this. For review's sake I grew my underarm hair.



Prepare the ff: mittens or thick pan holder, tissue, paper or cardboard.

1. After taking a shower (to wash away bpdy oils) and drying up, heat the pan on the stove. NEVER leave it unattended. I once did and the whole pan flamed up and I couldn't put it off. Melt only as much as you need. For underarms, heat it for 1 minute. For bikini area, about 3 minutes. 
2. Once the desired amount is melted, turn off the stove and with mittens, hold the pan with molten wax and place it on a hard, flat surface with a cardboard or paper to protect the table from heat. 
3. Prep the skin with baby powder or cornstarch. This well prevent the wax from sticking too much on the skin. Without the powder, pulling the wax strip would hurt really bad.
4. Scoop a very small amount and tap it on the back of your hands. Estimate how hot you would like it. Don't make it just warm or else it will be hard to spread.
5. Spread the molten wax on your bikini area or underarm like spreading peanut butter on bread. Once entirely covered, wait 3 minutes for it to harden.
6. Pull the wax strip away from the hair growth. Skin area would become red and swollen. Apply virgin coconut oil, olive oil, emu oil, argan oil, almond oil and cocoa or shea butter. DON'T apply lotion and tea tree oil or shark oil (too harsh).

In my experience, because hairs have a different direction of growth in one area, some hairs may not be successfully removed. I either wax again or just shave or pluck the remaining hairs.

I don't really like shaving underarms because it makes my underarms look gray and rough. Whenever I can, I wax my underarms.

Conclusion

Me likey! Recommended? Yes. I'd buy it again.

Pros
Very economical. One pan would last a few months.
Quick heating.
No harsh chemicals. Unscented.
Available at Watson's
Affordable.

Cons
Hair must be half a centimeter before wax can stick 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter