, , , , ,

REVIEW: Labdee Alpha Arbutin Serum & Wink White Gluta Pure Soap

11:48 PM


Oh Instagram shops. At first, I was quite indifferent with these Thailand beauty products but after seeing a number of before and after pictures and screenshots of Filipinas confessing how Wink White Gluta Pure soap and Labdee serum are effective, I decided to give it a shot. I felt even giddier when I found an online seller who does meetups in SM Marikina (I'm from Cainta) with no minimum purchase from her shop. These are my 2 first purchases from her.

Labdee Alpha Arbutin Serum
10 ml, Php 160 (US$1=Php45*).





Packaging
The serum is housed in a glass amber container. The box is printed inside and out. It's pretty cute and girly. What I like about this is that the ingredients, distributor, manufacturer and expiration date are all printed. The rest  is written in Thai so unfortunately I can't understand what the box says. The expiration date is also printed.




The container is sealed so you're confident that the seller will never tamper with it. Application is also very hygienic as it comes with a dropper. What I dislike about this is the amount of product. I hope they have 30 ml bottles, too because 10 ml is way too little.




Here are the ingredients  of Labdee alpha arbutin serum:




Performance

I bought and tried Labdee alpha arbutin serum on April 8, 2015 (Wednesday) because I really wanted to lighten the chemical burn scars on my leg when I applied too much TCA 30%. I only need very little when applying this because 1 drop can cover 1/2 of my face. It gets absorbed easily and leaves no sticky feeling. It has a fragrance-free, gel-like consistency.





Thick water-based gel that leaves no sticky feeling.
Here are the before and after pictures of my chemical burn scars:




As you can see, it did lighten my leg scars. As of writing (April 24, 2015) it has been 16 days since I first used Labdee Alpha arbutin serum. I feel that it has reached a peak when it comes to whitening my chemical burn scar. I still apply Labdee serum on my face because I feel like it refines my pores and eliminates those tiny bumps (butlig butlig). I will keep on using Labdee serum on my scar until the bottle is empty.

Verdict

 If you have acne scars and acne, I think Labdee Alpha arbutin serum is for you. It works on lightening scars and pimple marks. However, I think I would not repurchase just because I'm searching for stronger/faster ways on lightening my chemical burn scar. Overall, it is a good serum. Just beware of Philippine Instagram sellers selling this at a much higher price (Php 200-250).

You can also buy Labdee serum on Amazon HERE. It's much more expensive but just in case you're really pressed to try it, it won't hurt. But if I were abroad, I'd check out vitamin C serums first. I am keeping my eye on this Aria Starr Vitamin C Serum. It uses a dark glass bottle and has no water (aqua) so its vitamin C doesn't oxidize. I hope to buy and review it someday. Moving on!


Wink White Gluta Pure Soap
70 grams, Php 65 (US$1=Php 45*)







Packaging
Unlike Labdee alpha arbutin serum, Wink White gluta pure has more reviews online. Gluta pure is just one of the six soap variants from Wink White. The soap is comes with a sealed plastic packaging inside the box. The manufacturer, distributor and ingredients are printed on the box. The rest is in Thai so I can't understand what it says. It comes with a Wink White authenticity sticker. The 70-gram soap reminds me of Kojie-San kojic acid soaps because of its size. By the way, I use Kojie-san orange before trying out this soap.




Gluta Pure Ingredients:





Performance

The soap smells somewhat powdery but the fragrance is not overpowering. It lathers well and does not sting. I apply the soap all over my body and face and leave it while I scrub and apply shampoo and conditioner (about 5 minutes). I use this 2x a day. The bar itself melts quite fast so make sure you put it on a dry soap dish after use. I don't get exposed under the sun that much, but I am a commuter so I do get basked sometimes.


Before and after




As of writing (April 24, 2015) I can say that I love Wink White Gluta pure soap! It has made my skin brighter, fairer and smoother to the point that I can't stop touching my skin. I know caucasians wouldn't love this soap but I love how fast it whitened my skin. Before this, I've been using Kojie-san kojic acid soap. It did whiten me a bit but I think it has plateaued already. I just repurchased only 2 more bars of Gluta Pure because I find this a bit pricey (Php 65 for 70 grams). Most gluta, kojic, papaya and other whitening soaps are priced Php 70-80 for 135 grams. I think if I buy directly from Thailand it would be cheaper hehe.

**UPDATE
I have received a handful of inquiries on my email where to buy Gluta Pure abroad. Try giving Amazon a try. HERE is a list of available Gluta Pure soaps on Amazon. The best deal (in my opinion) is this listing for 5 Gluta Pure soap bars for US$16. 

Verdict

Wink White gluta pure soap is very effective (for me). I don't know how you would react with this soap but it's worth a try. Give 1 bar a shot and see if you like the effects. Wink White has 5 more soap variants. 


* Philippine Peso (PHP) and US Dollar conversion rate subject to change without further notice.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter