,

REVIEW: ELF Eyeshadow Quad in Day 2 Night

2:15 AM

ELF quads have always had mixed reviews. But after seeing swatches of Day 2 Night, I decided that to try it. Besides, it's super cheap.



What: Powder Eyeshadow.
Spotted: Bought online. Not available in local (Philippines) ELF kiosks
Price: Php 85

Packaging

Nothing special. Plastic packaging but I think it's sturdy enough. I've had mine for about 2 weeks and the hinge is still tight. The mirror, however, is senselessly positioned below the sponge applicator. It's so small that it's useless. The ELF brand marking fades a bit. 

Ingredients:



Performance

Day 2 Night should always be applied on top of a good primer or concealer. It's quite powdery, but not really chalky. Compared to Avon eye shadows, this one is better. You get what you paid for with this palette. But it's not really a disappointment. When I'm in a hurry to university, I just use this one plus my liquid eyeliner. Finger application also seems to be better with this palette.

The colors are buildable, but it's below my expectations. Those online swatches looked so vivid. Maybe they applied Day 2 Night wet. 




For this look, I used the lightest peach color and the gray color:




Verdict
3/5

Affordable
Handy
Medium buildable pigmentation
Lasts about 4 hours before fading

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter