, ,

Review: Wet n Wild Brow Kit in Ash Brown

5:08 PM

I put importance to my eyebrows because my face is asymmetrical. A good pair of eyebrows is my only hope to make my face look balanced and framed. My previous eyebrow kit was Shawill which was given to me by my mom.




2.5 grams of 2 eyebrow powder colors and clear brow wax
Department Stores, Wet n Wild Kiosks, Natasha brochure for Php 399
I bought this at Php 170 preorder from an online shop. 4-week wait time.

Packaging





I must say, even though the packaging is made entirely of plastic which seem breakable anytime, I find Wet n Wild's Brow kit sturdy. The flip cover is not loose. It snaps neatly so my brow kit does not accidentally open in my makeup kit. The brush applicator is pretty decent. It is made from fine synthetic bristles that reminded me of watercolor brushes. Nevertheless, it's sturdy enough to draw a clean line. The tweezer comes handy in case you notice some stray hairs ruining your eyebrows. The brow powders are finely milled and pressed so you won't notice any fallout or crumbling if you dip the applicator. The mirror is a nice surprise, although, I wish they could have placed it behind the flip cover. You have to cut away a part of the sticker at the back to pull the mirror out easily.



Ingredients:



Performance

The wax does not feel like lipstick, rather, it feels like a cross between a lip balm and a candle. I swirl my ring finger around the wax and wipe it on my brows to tame my brow hairs. Then I use the light brown shade to line my eyebrows and fill the inner 3rd of my eyebrows. Then I use the darker shade to fill the outer 3rd and the tail. It will take ages to apply the wax using the brush so just use your fingers instead. My friend who has really fuzzy brows likes to scrape a little wax using the tweezers and rub them between her fingers then apply it to her brows.

As for the longevity, I find that this brow kit lasts well for 6 hours under normal circumstances before I started to notice the edges fading. I didn't wash my face within that 6 hours. However, I commuted, got sweaty, wiped off my sweat, entered an air-conditioned room, had lunch outdoors, then went to check and retouch my eyebrows. 

Check out these before and after right after application.



Verdict

As of this moment, I will buy again. However, I am not afraid to try Nyx's brow kit. The only downside of this browkit is the color range. Wet n Wild loves limited color ranges. This may not suit blondes and redheads. Nyx's browkit has more or less 8 brow kit shades.

Pros
Affordable (Php 170 online shop, preorder)
Sturdy packaging
Good applicator (soft, not flimsy, no falling bristles)
Brow powder shade good for medium to dark brows.

Cons
The mirror. I hoped they just placed it on the back of the flip cover for ease like Elf eyebrow kit.
Color range.
Local Price (Php 399)





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter