, , ,

Review: Oryspa Faves (Meditation Balm, Rejuvenating Oil & Rice Powder Face Mask)

10:34 PM

I love organic and natural beauty products. Except for makeups, I'm just so done burdening my skin and liver with harmful chemicals and preservatives. I know we live in a toxic world so as much as possible, I'd like to minimize my exposure to toxins. I'm a Human Nature lover but it doesn't hurt trying other brands. Oryspa is a Singapore-based brand and I must say, I love their products! Here is my haul:



.....


Oryspa Meditation Balm

50 grams, Php 265 
(also available in 15 grams, Php 95 and 120 grams, Php 850)
Bought at SM Megamall (Philippines)

This Meditation Balm is heaven-sent! I used to sniff efficascent oil from Mercury Drug because I love that cold and relaxing sensation menthol gives. However, since I got this balm, I am never going back to that. This balm has a menthol scent with orange undertones in it. Forgive me for being a poor scent critique. I suggest you just go smell the samplers they have on their kiosks.

Ingredients and Product Information:


What's in it?

 

The cool sensation packs a really strong punch so I feel relaxed seconds after inhaling this balm. I also love applying it to be temples, eyebrows, neck, and nose (it doesn't hurt) if I feel too tense from working and if I feel a headache starting to develop. I promise that you won't smell sickly or medicinal. Another benefit is that the oils get absorbed easily so you're not left with a greasy film. I super recommend this balm to people having all-nighters, overtime work, night shifts and graveyard shifts. 

10/10 would buy Meditation Balm again! Mom and I even bought some 15 gram jars to give as a gift to my grandmother. 


Oryspa Rejuvenating Oil
60ml, Php 265



I was quite disappointed at first when I saw this product in the store. The website says the bottle contains 120ml for Php 265 but actually, it's 60ml. Nevertheless, it's a good buy but I hope they'd update their Philippine website. Moving on. The Rejuventing Oil has a clean tea tree oil scent.  Not like Human Nature's tea tree oil but more like tea tree oil perfumes or fragrance oils. The scent is on the"relaxing" side rather than "rejuvenating." It is fast absorbing so it doesn't feel heavy on the skin. I've been using this for 2 weeks now and I haven't gotten a single breakout from it. 

Ingredients:


I also like the fact that I get a combination of oils in a bottle. That spares me from buying different kinds of oils in separate bottles! My mom loves this oil so much that she uses this as her night time moisturizer. 

The pump dispenser releases very little amount of the oil in one pump, making it economic. I like the overall feel of the packaging (it feels expensive) but the bottle is clear so I store mine in a dark, cool place (inside my cabinet) to avoid UV rays from turning the oil rancid. 


So far, I am liking Rejuvenating Oil and I think I will buy one bottle again when I ran out of it.



Oryspa Rice Powder Face Mask

25 grams, Php 65



I commute to school so I am always concerned about detoxifying my skin during night showers. While I love my Aztec Clay mask, I find that preparing it is too laborious. I can only use Aztec twice a month because I get too lazy. Anyway, all reviews of Oryspa Rice Powder mask is positive so I decided to give it a shot. Let me start with the texture. This mask is composed of very finely milled powder. It has a sweet creamy scent. I mix 1 part water and 2 parts mask. I noticed that if I followed the 1:1 ratio, the mixture gets too watery. 

Ingredients:


After application, the mask dries very quickly, but it doesn't crack like clay masks. It just looks like you have a thick layer of white powder on your face. I spritz water to "revive" the mask. In my opinion, this is more of a nourishing and detoxifying mask and less of a "pore vacuuming" mask. I leave it on for indefinite number of hours; sometimes 2 hours, sometimes 5 hours. After washing my face, my skin feels soft, hydrated and smooth.

I even put half a teaspoon of this mask to my daily lotion (Human Nature) because of the bearberry extract and micronized arbutin in the ingredients.

I have discovered a new use for this mask :D. I use it as a makeup primer/skin mattifier! After I apply moisturizer, I apply a thin, watery layer of Oryspa Rice Mask then I let it dry. I then apply my regular foundation and my face is less oily throughout the day. I concentrate on my nose, mouth and forehead area because I tend to get oily and sweaty there. If you plan to use it as a mattifier too, avoid your eye area because concealer appears cakey and creased (in my experience). If you have a lose face powder, you can also add 1/2 teaspoon of this. 

 I will buy this again! However, I don't think I'll buy their 1 kg Rice Bran Face Mask (Php 850) because I don't have time to apply this mask all over my body (but it can also be used on the body as per instructions). 

Have you tried Oryspa? Which are your favorites? 
See more Oryspa products at






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter