Review: Duo Lash Glue in Clear

7:06 PM

I am a certified falsies addict! I love wearing falsies as long as they look natural and not Nicki Minaj-ish. Aside from my Epsa false eyelashes, I also own a box of 10-pair falsies with clear bands. They look much more natural than my Epsa false lashes. 



What: 9 grams of eyelash glue.
Spotted: Distributor in Taytay, Rizal. You can also buy it in department stores locally and on Amazon HERE
Price: Php 68

Packaging

It comes with a box with instructions. The ingredients are also printed on the box. The tube itself is opaque but you can see the glue if you looked at the tube in front of a light source (window, lamp). How I wish the tube was clear instead! It comes with a twist cap and surprisingly, the glue does not clog the nozzle. It has formalin/formaldehyde in its ingredients, so I make sure to apply my eye makeup first to create a barrier between my lids and the glue.




Performance

I used to use Nichido Lash Glue (Php60, 5ml) before Duo lash glue. The cons with Nichido lash glue is the glass packaging and the weird applicator. The nice thing about it is that Nichido lash glue really holds lashes well. It also dries into a rubber-like substance so you can literally peel  off the accumulated glue from the falsies band. Duo lash glue appears milky, bluish white with orange hues just like Nichido so I thought they will just perform the same. Duo lash glue holds eyelashes well the entire day. I wear falsies at school and trust me, Duo lash glue delivers.However, I have found a few weaknesses of Duo. Duo lash glue dries sticky and not as rubbery as Nichido lash glue. This makes removal of the falsies easier but cleaning the bands becomes an annoying tasks. It feels like I'm pulling mushed rice. I don't want to damage my falsies with that much tugging. I also find it hard keeping the inner corners secured so I really have to put a generous amount of Duo lash glue on the  falsies' band.



As for the waterproof powers, I don't find it true. I spray distilled water on my eyelids to remove the falsies and the glue loostens up.



Overall, this is a good false eyelashes glue but I think I am open to try Revlon's Lash Glue next.

Verdict

*** 3.5/5 ***

For the price, it was worth it. Duo  holds the false lashes well the entire day. It also didn't irritate my eyes despite the formalin. I might try sending Duo an inquiry about the amount of formalin in the lash glue. I would also try Revlon's lash glue next.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter