,

Review: LA Girl Pro HD Concealer in Creamy Beige

4:18 PM

I have 2 favorite concealers, namely Sansan HD Concealer in Beige and Collection 2000 in Fair. I mix them both to cover my dark circles and highlight my face. However, I feel like I should add this to my collection because of the rave reviews on Makeupalley.com. 



 8 grams of cream concealer with slightly yellow undertones.
Available in SM Department stores for Php 299
Php125 in an online shop. Preorder. 4 weeks wait time.

You can also order it from the LA Girl Website or from Amazon (Amazon has cheaper prices). 


Packaging





The applicator tip is made of synthetic bristle. To get the product out, you have to squeeze the tube slightly. Compared to Sansan HD concealer which also has a brush tip applicator, LA Girl's Pro HD concealer feels a little bit flimsy. It is good if you don't want pressure around your eyes. The product doesn't leak. The twist off cap is neat and sturdy. The brush it applicator can be unhygienic so if I'm retouching this, I apply a dollop on my clean ring finger. If my face is freshly washed, then I use the brush directly on my face.

Ingredients:



Performance

LA Girl Pro HD Concealer in Creamy beige is quite darker than I expected because it looks so much lighter on the online swatches. However, it fits my skin tone well. Sansan HD concealer in Beige is more yellow compared to this. Creamy beige has a mixture of 70% yellow undertones and 30% peach. I don't mind it because peach or salmon tone neutralizes bluish dark circles. Compared to Collection 2000 concealer in Fair, Creamy beige doesn't set as fast. With Fair, you have to really work fast in blending the concealer because it will set immediately after about 10 seconds. With Creamy beige, it takes around 30 seconds for the concealer to set.






It does last for about 4 hours before I can see my dark circles peeking again. As for the coverage, I can say it has a medium to slightly full coverage. Using a foundation before this will help dark circles appear less prominent. Living in a tropical country (Philippines) where temperatures range from 27 to 34 degrees celsius on a normal day (not summer), I can say that Creamy beige lasts well enough. LA Girl Pro HD Concealer (8 grams, Php 125. 1 US$=Php45), when bought online, is cheaper than Sansan HD Concealer (3 grams Php 105).



Verdict


I will buy this concealer again. However, I am not afraid to try Hard Candy Glamouflage Concealer if it becomes available for preorder, too. LA Girl Pro HD Concealer performs well for the price I paid (Php125). As for the online shop, it is best to order in bulk so the 4-week wait time will be worth it. I just ordered 4 items as a starter.

Pros
● Affordable
● Medium to slightly full coverage
● 8 grams for Php 125
● Soft brush tip

Cons
● The actual color selection. LA Girl Philippines only has 3 shades (Creamy beige, Pure beige and Medium Beige [?]). It can be difficult to guess your match by just looking at online swatches. I thought this will be light enough as a highlighter but it was just perfect for my skin tone.
● Does not set as fast as I thought it would (compared to Collection 2000 Concealer in Fair).



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter