, , ,

Help! Scars and Boils and Rosehip oil.

2:33 PM

♥ MY FACEBOOK: HANDSTONES ♥ 

Help! Scars, Boils and Rosehip oil.


I don't know if I got cursed (of course not!) but in just a month, 18 boils in total have sprouted on my knee, thighs, groin and  buttocks out of nowhere. I have an above average hygiene. It's gross, painful and horrible. Now, only those on my knee and thigh are left. They are starting to heal, and they gave left a good number of scar and keloids. My right leg seriously looks infested. I worry that it would be many months before I can wear shorts again. 


I have tried hot compress and honey on my boil. Fail. Povidone Iodine. No avail. The only thing that helps with my boil is onion. Yes raw onion. I slice a thin section, make it into a poultice then secure it on my boil overnight and change it before going to school. It helps my boils heal faster, around a week, and bring it to a head. Do not  leave garlic on your skin! I got garlic burns and gave me an uglier scar.


What a trouble because I have to wear jeans always. My problem is my boils are becoming recurrent; it heals then another batch sprouts. I am getting tired of it. I figured that the problem is within. I am starting to do some blood-purifying. Although quite a hassle, I do these every night.


1. Mince 1 garlic perle and ingest it.
2. Drink 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar + 1 tbsp honey diluted in 1 glass of water 


I hope that after my recent batch of boils have healed, no more will follow. Yes batch because I get around 2-3 at once. Poor me. 




Now for the scars. I have chosen rosehip oil to start with because I want to start with what's cheaper and available. Besides, if it didn't work, I can use it on my face and buy another scar treatment.  Rosehip oil has good reviews so I didn't bother buying one. Rosehip oil should be applied 2x a day, for 3 to 5 months.






 For the sake of this blog I will post pictures of my scars and boils and please, don't puke. I will update this blog with newer pictures hoping that rosehip oil will improve my scars. Here we go:


My poor right leg.


I have lessened the saturation so it would be tolerable to the sight. See those light-colored scars on my knee? Those are my garlic burn scars. Here are more shots:




Close up shot of my knee




As you can see, they are mostly keloids. I am hoping that rosehip oil will improve their appearance, and that my attempt to purify my blood would be successful. Somehow, I am feeling hopeless, but I know it wouldn't make things better.


I also plan to try rosehip oil on my stretch mark. Here it is:






I will update this blog after a few months. :) 




*****UPDATE 11/07/11*****


The rosehip oil didn't work as expected. So within a few weeks I bought Contractubex Scar Gel (Php520). Contractubex scar gel works great for healing wounds, I mean, wounds that are done with the infection fighting phase and just starting to scar. Because of Contractubex scar gel, I NEVER developed a keloid or any raised, dark scar. All my succeeding scars were flat as my skin. The scars are still there but definitely way better than my pre Contractubex scars. I recommend this one unless you are allergic to onions.



Contractubex Scar Gel is available at 10grams and 20grams. In the Philippines, you can buy it at Mercury Drug and South Star Drug. The next time I will purchase this, I would go for 20grams as it is cheaper for the amount. The active ingredients are:

Cepae extract (from onions) 10grams
Heparin Sodium 5000 IU
Allantoin 1gram


Since my scars are flat, I will try TCA peel at 25%. Of course I will patch test it and dilute it if necessary. 


To be updated! :)


******************UPDATE MARCH 10, 2012**********************


I have been applying TCA 25% solution on my leg scars. It was just tingly, with little frosting. I was expecting a lot of frosting but maybe if I applied it on my face it would frost a lot My scars did lighten. I will post some pictures soon. Much better than before, but not completely gone. I wait for 4 weeks before applying TCA again, so at this time, I only have applied it 3 times. Quite a slow process. I've read TCA 25% is a light peel.


Application:
OK I didn't follow instructions. I applied TCA once a day for 4 days because I felt that it's not working. It tingled to the point that I want to scratch it, but NO! It's commonsense. Then I sprayed water over the area after 5 minutes just to wash it away. I really wanted to get the solution as deep as possible into my skin. Frosted, reddened and itched. NEVER SCRATCH IT. Then I applied some whitening face cream over it.

I used a very small cotton ball to apply TCA and guess what? My fingers peeled too. I like it peeling because my skin is softer and my callus has improved but for those who don't want their fingers peeling (it does look quite ugly), use a cotton bud.


During and After the Peel:
It took around 7-10 days before it started to peel. It looked dry, dark and wrinkled. I just let it peel. I don't pull up the dead skin. The "new" skin would be fairer than the rest. Then it became quite red. I apply rose hip oil everyday on the "new" skin. My scar is still visible but way lighter and better than before. 

(I've read that TCA peel shouldn't be applied on keloid, but well nothing bad happened too me. Maybe stronger TCA peels would worsen a keloid?) 




This is how my knee looks like now. Compared to the one before the rosehip, contractubex and 25% TCA peel, it looks better! And of course, time heals all wounds ;), but I know we all want to speed up the process.


How my right leg looks like now. The 3 dark scars were new boils after I took the picture "My Poor Right Leg." Still, it's a challenge to lighten them completely or at least, mix them with my skin color, but I won't stop, because these nasty scars must go.


This is my routine for my scars:


1.) I start with clean skin, right after shower. I apply 25% TCA solution directly on my skin (do patch test first!).
2.) I leave it for 3-5 minutes. It may sting really hard, then crust or sometimes, it may not. If it didn't sting, I apply more solution.
3.) I repeat step 2 for 3-4 days only if my skin isn't red and sore. I know it's not advisable but I was thinking that the skin on my leg is thicker and I want more of the solution to penetrate. :( So far, no burns or darkening.
4.) I apply some whitening cream after washing the TCA solution just with water.
5.) The skin will be dry, darken, crust up then it would just peel away. Mine takes at least 7 days to start peeling. DO NOT prick or scratch the area. Just let it peel away.
6.) New, fresh skin is whiter than the rest of the skin. Then it would be pink or reddened. Only just this time I apply Rosehip oil. I only use Contractubex when the wound is just starting to form a scar.
 
For my stretchmarks, I'm thinking about applying 25% TCA solution on them too. I will try that out tonight and update this. :)


**** UPDATE: April 24, 2012******


I have not noticed any significant improvement with my stretchmarks :( . I will still continue applying 25% TCA peel on it though. My leg scars. I applied TCA again but it seems that it doesn't lighten anymore. I just bought a LEMON today and I will see how that will work on my leg scars. Hopefully it will lighten it. What I will do is squeeze some lemon juice unto a cotton ball then leave it on my scars for 10-15 minutes. Then I will apply some Rosehip oil then the Hollywood Style Whitening Lotion.


******UPDATE: MAY 20, 2012*******
 I applied lemon on my epic leg boil scars for A WEEK and I noticed that they have lightened a bit. It slightly stings and it's sticky when it dries. I applied it 2x a day and left it all day and night. Right now, I applied TCA 25% again and it hasn't peeled yet. 

I apply TCA 25% on my breast and thigh stretch marks. They seemed less prominent because my skin has lightened, especially on my breasts. I will continue to update this until these freaking scars and stretch marks are reduced to 1% ;)

Someday, I might include Trilastin (when I can afford it. I'm an income-less student right now!) 

******UPDATE: NOV. 02,2012********
 It's been more than a year since I started this post and so far, I'm thankful I don't have new boils. The lemon didn't lighten my boil scars that much, and TCA peel doesn't seem to help anymore but I will still continue applying it. 

TCA on my breast and thigh stretchmarks just lightened the stretchmarks but they're still there, silver and white lines begging for attention! 


I will try to stop fretting on my scars and stretchmarks for a while and post a picture this week. A little depressed because it's been more than a year that I don't wear shorts in public! :(


*****UPDATE: NOV. 30, 2012******

Here are new pictures I took a few hours ago. I'm still applying rose hip oil few times a week because I keep on forgetting!







PE teacher requires us to wear shorts so I have no choice but to bare my scars. I slather SanSan Matte Liquid foundation 01 (below Php150; 30ml) on both of my legs before going out. My legs above have no makeup. I make quite a slow progress, I know. From time to time, I apply low sunscreen (SPF 15) and stretch my right leg under the sun (past 10AM) to somehow make my scars match my leg color.

I drink Sante Pure Green Barley weekly to maintain my body healthy. I still avoid softdrinks and greasy meals. I eat chocolate now, and even Baby Ruth (caramel+chocolate+nougat+nuts). I drink lots of water and sometimes, Taheebo herbal tea but I can't guarantee anything. That sudden rainfall of boils is still a mystery for me.

*********UPDATE: AUGUST 4, 2013********
Hi again! I'm planning (just planning!) to have my right knee scars tattooed. I think that instead of wallowing over it, I'd just have it covered creatively. :)




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter