,

L.A. Girl 10 Color Eyeshadow in Harmony

10:49 PM



 Today I was shopping for a decent highlighter because it's summer. I was in SM Taytay so there were no Benefit stalls. This eye shadow decently suffices as a highlighter.


What: 10 Color neutral eyeshadow
How much: Php225
Where I bought it: SM Taytay Department store, 1st floor, Watson's section.

Ingredients:



I don't like the ingredients. There are 4 Parabens and lots of "lake" pigments, which means, it contains aluminum. We all know what trouble aluminum does, yeah? The expiration is after 36 Months. It's cruelty free so somehow that's good.

The packaging feels light and plastic. I think that when I drop this, the case will break. It comes with a dual-ended sponge applicator for emergency applications.






 Swatches:

First 5 colors (My highligher colors :D)


Last 5 Colors





It's ridiculously shimmery! But the shimmers aren't chunky. It's small enough to serve as a highlighter for the cheeks, nose and chin. If ever I'd use this as an eye shadow, I'd use matte palettes with it. Using this alone would just make your eyelids look cheap and messy. Use this always with a PRIMER! The shimmers tend to migrate all over your face.

As a highlighter, I'd rate this 4/5. As an eye shadow, 3/5.



 I'd upload eye shadow samples sometime. In the meantime...

Pros
-Cheap @ Php225 for 10 shades
-Widely available
-Pigmented enough. You get colors, not just shimmers (unlike Shawill eye shadows)
-The 1st 5 colors can double as a highlighter! :D

Cons
-Nasty ingredients! 4 parabens plus lots of lake pigments.
-Packaging. Cute flowers but it seems like it's gonna break anytime.
- No mattes. Too shimmery and metallic for an eye shadow, unless that's what you want to achieve
-Shimmers tend to migrate all over your face. Use a primer.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter