, , , , ,

L.A. Colors 5 Color Metallic Eyeshadow in Unforgettable

7:20 PM


 
 L.A. Colors 5 Color Metallic Eyeshadow in Unforgettable



I bought this Eyeshadow set because of its versatile neutral colors. There is this pink out of nowhere but I like it.  The set includes a double-ended sponge applicator which I rarely use.
If you visit their website, you are going to see their description for this eyeshadow: 

5 Color Metallic Eyeshadow
LONG LASTING
DUAL ENDED APPLICATOR
SILKY SMOOTH APPLICATION

Enhance eyes with these new bright, bold shades! Magnificent metallic eyeshadow in 24 intense sets! Dazzle any crowd with these stunning colors. Long lasting wear with dual ended applicator. 



The colors show brilliantly on the pallete, but when applied using an eyeshadow brush in strokes on bare skin, the colors barely show. You definitely would need a good primer. Also, the manner of application affects how the color would show. I find it best to pat the color instead of sweeping it. The sponge applicator is actually stiff, but not scratchy. I use it for patting the eyeshadow and blending it with an eyeshadow brush. There is a lot of eyeshadow fallout, especially without a primer. The pearly white color doesn’t appear so white on the skin, so I find it good for highlighting the brow bone and cheek bones instead. The pink color appears pale, it looks slightly white already.]


There is a lot of fallout, some issue with the pigmentation without a primer, but hey, this isn’t so bad at all. I love the last three brown colors. LA Colors doesn’t test on animals, unlike Maybelline, Max Factor and L’oreal (I know. They’re good quality brands :< ). For brands that still test on animals, click this.

Those who are allergic to parabens may not want to try this. It has propyl and methylparaben. The one thing that stops me from buying this again is the ingredients. Most of its pigments are has Al Lake in the name, meaning it has aluminum. We all know that that nasty chemical causes cancer and Alzheimer’s in the long run, but I am not saying this eyeshadow will make you sick. It’s just the presence of such chemical that scares me. This also contains Red 40 Al Lake. Click here to know more about Red 40 Al Lake.

The eyeshadow applied with primer on.
The eyeshadow applied without primer on.



I won’t buy this again solely because of the chemicals in it. The fallout and pigmentation can easily be solved by a good primer. In the Philippines, I bought this in My Dollar Store which has branches in Greenhills Shoppesville and Sta. Lucia Grand Mall.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter