, , , , ,

Ellana Lip and Cheek Tint in Ruby

7:07 PM

Ellana Lip and Cheek Tint in Ruby


It comes in a 20ml plastic pump bottle at Php180. The product is more like a gel, not a runny fluid. You can lock the pump so don’t worry about it spilling. It is hypoallergenic and non comedogenic. Plus, it contains Aloe Vera extract. It’s healing and moisturizing properties are a bonus.

On the bottle, it claims to:

1.      Give a gorgeous rosy glow that lasts the whole day.
2.      Give a sheer and beautiful no-makeup look while moisturizing your skin.
3.      Give you enough time to blend because it doesn’t dry easily.



All three are true! A little goes a long way, for a long time. A drop goes too red already. You’d need just a small pinhead size (or smaller!) of the gel for each cheek. On the lips, you’d need less, depending on how red you want to go. It gives you that ulzzang lip  look.

The cons:

1. It gives you extremely red fingers
2 You need to get the hang of the pump. Press too hard and careless and the product would spurt.
3. A little goes a long way, very little, so it has the tendency to dry halfway through my blending on my cheeks. What I do is I dot it on my cheeks and blend it. If it looks uneven and streaky, I’d moist my fingers with an alcohol-free toner and continue blending.

            For the toner, I use Belo Essentials Whitening Toner. It is alcohol and paraben free, plus, it has Kojic Acid, Glutathione and Gigawhite. I’m not raving about whitening, but this toner doesn’t give me a tight feeling on my face. Anyway, you can use whatever toner you like, or even water :).


Two shades are available, Ruby and Amethyst. Ruby goes crimson red, which means it has a hint of orange. Don’t worry about getting orange lips. Overtime, your lips will look naturally tinted, without the orange undertone.

You can visit Ellana. You may order a free 1 gram sample of their foundations, concealer, and blush. Ellana is a local brand that offers affordable mineral cosmetics and tools.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter