,

Review: Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask

9:01 PM

After reading positive reviews on Amazon (here), I decided to buy Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask. I love my Aztec Clay Mask but it can be laborious to prepare. So this is my alternative when I'm feeling lazy. The packaging varies, but this is the one I got:



227 grams or 8 oz., Php 330 (1 USD= 46-48 PHP)

Bought at Healthy Options, Trinoma
(see Healthy Options branches in the Philippines here)


Packaging

Queen Helene Mint Julep mask is available in tub or tube packaging but in the Philippines, only the tube packaging is sold (click here to see the tub packaging). It doesn't come with any seal or clear plastic wrap so it's easy to tamper with. The consistency of the mask is thick so don't worry about leakage. It can be hard to squeeze out of the tube. Some people cut the tube open and transfer the mask in an airtight jar (otherwise it will harden).


The ingredients and product information are printed at the back. If you are picky with the ingredients, methylparaben and the artificial coloring might be a deal breaker. But I figured, I'm just going to wash this mask off so 



Performance
Despite the thick consistency, the mask can be easily spread and layered on the face. It just feels like applying shea butter on your skin. It smells like toothpaste but I didn't feel a significant cool and minty sensation on my skin. I applied this after I washed my face. I focused on my cheeks, nose and mouth area because those parts of my skin have tiny bumps. I have combination skin with occasional acne. 



I left the mask for 30 minutes even though the packaging says to leave it for just 10 minutes. The mask tightens slightly when dry but not as much as Aztec clay mask. Also, there were no pulsating sensation. It does flake slightly when dry. After 30 minutes, I washed it off with clean water. Surprisingly, it's easy to wash because it dissolved easily with water. I just used my fingers to soften the damp mask then rinsed it. It didn't stain my white sink. My face wasn't squeaky clean or red. I could still see a few blackheads after the first use but I'm satisfied how my pores looked smaller.

Verdict

I like this mask! It's easy to use and it does a decent pore cleaning job. It's not as aggressive as Aztec Clay Mask but I don't mind because it's easy to use. Yes, I will buy this mask again and I do recommend this to a friend.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter