, , , ,

Review: City Color Barely Exposed Palette

10:55 PM

I've had this palette for 2 months now so it's safe to say that I can make a sound review. Honestly, what I hate about most beauty review blogs is that bloggers make a first impression, few swatches then promise to update the blog if the product works or if the makeup held up well under humid climate WITHOUT ever updating! And to think they got the products for free like hello, at least make your readers' time worthwhile. Anyway, enough. I just hate "review" blogs that don't even test the product right.

To summarize this blog, yes I like City Color Barely Exposed Palette. The color selection is obviously a dupe for Naked 1 palette which I don't have because I just find the price ridiculous. I recommend this palette to novices and professionals alike. :)


12 color eyeshadow palette (12 x 0.75 grams)
Bought online for Php 330 (Preorder. 4-5 weeks waiting time)
Available in Robinson's Metroeast for Php 600 
(US$1=Php 45-46).


Packaging


The 12 eyeshadows are grouped into 3. The casing is made out of sturdy plastic. There is a glass mirror about 0.75 inches thick on the flip cover inside. The sponge applicator comes handy for retouches in the car or on the bus. I haven't dropped this palette so I can't say how sturdy it is :P. Using it everyday for a month, I'm impressed that the flip cover didn't get flimsy even with constant use for 2 months.


This is what the hinge looks like:



Ingredients and Palette Information:




Performance

Here are the swatches for City Color Barely Exposed. I tapped my fingers 1-2x on each color. 




Here it is with flash:



It blends perfectly with any eye shadow brush. I like that I can mix up different looks with just one palette. They are not chalky or gritty. The eye shadows are well pressed since they don't crumble when I dab my eye shadow brush firmly. Each eye shadow color feels buttery to touch. Fallouts are expected, especially when you use a fluffy crease brush. The matte colors aren't that buttery but with an eyeshadow brush, you can pick up enough color. For reference, my skin is Mac NC30 and the colors show up well on my lids, although the first 2 lightest colors kind of looks the same, with the first one just more shimmery.

I recommend using a good primer or at least dabbing concealer on the lids so the eye shadows have something to stick to. I am confident to say that these eye shadows can pass the hot and humid Metro Manila climate. When it comes to pigmentation, I can say Sleek I-Divine palettes are more pigmented but I can simply build up Barely Exposed to achieve a strong color. For the price and the quality, it's a win-win.


Verdict

4/5 Stars

Pros
  • Affordable! Good but not perfect dupe for Naked 1.
  • A blend of light to dark neutral mattes, shimmer, satin finishes makes this palette very versatile.
  • Perfect everyday palette for school or work!
  • Sturdy packaging.
  • Pigmented. Even more pigmented with a good eyeshadow primer.
  • Long-lasting if applied on top of concealer or eyeshadow primer. 
  • Fits any pouch perfectly. 

Cons
  • Not Widely Available
  • First 2 lightest colors look almost similar on the lids.
  • Not that long-lasting WITHOUT primer or concealer underneath.
  • Eyeshadows are kind of small (0.75 grams each color)


I would love to buy this again! But you know, we girls must try new things ;). I want to buy Coastal Scents Revealed 1 next which contains both UD Naked 1 & 2 shades. It sounds like a good bargain. But then again I might change my mind. As for City Color Barely Exposed, it's a must-try if you want a good set of neutrals. If you already have a UD Naked 1 palette, pass on this one as they have almost the same set of colors. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter