, , ,

My NBI Clearance 2015 Experience

11:43 PM


This post is going to be my experience at getting a new NBI clearance at Robinson's Metro East.





 I was supposed to get it in Robinson's Big-R but seeing how the Lingkod Bayan NBI booth doesn't cater to their customers well when I pass there from time to time (people sit on the floor even inside the mall plus I heard Junction is a haven for hold-uppers), I decided to go to a farther place and that is Robinson's Metro East. 


NBI clearance fee: How Much?
The fee for NBI clearance depends on the purpose! You can see the whole list on the picture below.  For the accepted valid ID's, go here: http://www.nbiclearance.com/valid-ids-accepted-in-applying-for-nbi-clearance-application/ . I brought my original and photocopied Postal I.D. and NSO birth certificate since I don't have classes yet. When you did NOT enroll for the semester, you school ID is NOT valid, even though you're still an undergraduate.







My Online Registration
I made a couple of attempts and cancellations on my online NBI because I couldn't be so sure on the date. Anyway, if you plan to register online, visit clearance.nbi.gov.ph. The English and Tagalog instructions are very easy. Just fill-up the fields dutifully and complete your profile. The available payments are:

Bank Deposit
Bank Transfer
Mobile (Gcash)
Bayad Center

I was supposed to pay via Bank Transfer because it's convenient but good thing I clicked on the confirmation page first because it automatically said "reference number is already expired." Woah. How can that be? Doing brief researches, I learned that many bank transfer NBI clearance applicants weren't able to log into their NBI accounts after transferring cash. Now that's some dirty business. Ironic how something that should be against crimes aka NBI would oversee that!

I proceeded to click "Bayad Center" instead since they give out receipts. Non NBI booth payments have an additional Php25. Over-the-counter bank deposits cost P190 for a P115 NBI clearance of any purpose so Bayad Center is the way to go if you want lesser additional fees.

I decided to get one for "ID Purposes" and for "Local Employment" at P115 each but at P140 each (that's P115+P25) if  paid via Bayad Center. I also decided to schedule 2 dates. I scheduled one on July 22, 2015 and decided to show up with an UNPAID reference number and I scheduled one on July 23, 2015, planning to pay via Bayad Center.

On July 22, I plan to drop by Metro East in the afternoon, around 12 noon since I have read some reviews that the horrible 4 AM lines are already finished around that time. So I wanted to try it out by presenting my unpaid reference number. Why unpaid? Because I'm not sure what would happen if I paid and was welcomed with long, anaconda queues. If my application wasn't finished, what happens to my payment? Also, have read that Metro East only entertains 600 people. If the line is still long, I'm dropping by on July 23, with my PAID reference number. 

What Happened on July 22?

NBI satellite office in Robinsons Metro East. The seats accommodate about 30-40 people (I forgot to count how many chairs are there exactly).

On July 22, I paid my July 23 reference number. I paid two P140 for ID purposes and Local Employment. Bayad Center payments are more convenient because your payment automatically gets confirmed to your NBI online account. You will also receive email confirmations like this:







I arrived at Robinson's Metro East at 3:30 PM with little hope that I can claim my NBI clearance but I decided to drop in anyway. Guess what? There's no line! There were around 3-5 people who were claiming their clearances. If you already paid online, you go directly to Window 2 and skip Window 1. I wasn't given a stub or a number because there was no line. You will present your payment receipt to the personnel at Window 2 & he/she will take your picture and fingerprints of all 10 fingers.  I didn't smile because I don't like smiling in government documents. I just showed my Postal ID and my NSO birth certificate but the personnel didn't ask for any photocopy. The personnel will encode the details in the receipt and after 5 minutes, I was asked to proceed to Window 3 for release. I just stood in front of Window 3 & the personnel called out my surname, asked Php5 for the brown envelope and I'm done with my two NBI clearances. The envelope will contain your clearance, of course, and the same payment receipt (Bayad Center). For short, I got my NBI clearance in under 10 minutes. 

These are some of the pictures I took secretly while sitting down after I got my clearance. There were 3 guards at the entrance so I shouldn't be obvious at taking pictures because it's prohibited. 
Philhealth & Pagibig satellite offices are also present.

This is the number of people after I got my clearance. They were just resting and waitng for their companions in the Philhealth center beside NBI.





So yes, I claimed my NBI clearance on July 22 with a paid reference number scheduled morning of July 23. I guess they aren't strict with the schedules.

The satellite center is just beside Level 4 parking lot and next to the cinemas. If you're commuting, just look for Timezone on the 4th floor. It's funny how there are massage chairs near the satellite center as if "hey, tired of lining up from 4 AM? Have a massage!"






I was wondering, why do people line up as early as 4 AM outside Robinson's Metro East just to get their clearance? Because NBI satellite centers only entertain a certain number of people per day, around 600 I believe. When you set up a schedule online, you will see the numbers of AM and PM slots left. So a lot of people rush before the mall opens so they would make it to the cutoff. 

Overall, I feel that the online system is a big help to NBI applicants. I just wish the slots aren't limited because there are so many people in the country. Maybe I was lucky that I made it to the cutoff at 3:30 PM. Some satellite centers lile Big-R junction has one line for walk-ins and those who have acconplished their form online.

Tips:


  • It's a relief to go there after lunch, however, if you have something to do in the afternoon (work, other appointments, etc), make sure to line up early. 
  • Accomplish your profile online at clearance.nbi.gov.ph to have your biometrics taken immediately. If you lined up early, there's a separate line in Metro East for walk-ins and for those who have paid online. They will ask those who have paid already to enter first. So pay beforehand. I prefer Bayad Center because your payment gets confirmed automatically real-time. 
  • If you're a girl and you commute, please don't sacrifice your safety for a piece of paper aka NBI clearance. Don't attempt to commute at 4 AM just to secure a slot. The line for NBI clearance in Metro East occupies the entire concrete foot bridge and there's no police there.
  • Long lines will occupy the Level 4 parking lot so expect it to be hot and humid until you enter the mall. Bring a fan and wear comfortable clothes.
  • Most people get their NBI clearance on a Friday, so if you want to avoid horribly long lines, don't schedule on Friday.
  • Satellite centers are NOT open on Saturdays and Sundays but you may drop by there from 10 AM to 7 PM.
  • In Robinson's Metro East, you DON'T need a baranggay clearance and cedula. Some satellite offices (I don't know which ones, sorry) demand those

It would be ideal if NBI set up municipal or baranggay booths so people from different cities won't crowd in malls and main offices. Imagine how easy it is to go to your munisipyo or baranggay hall, get a stub, go (or walk) home to eat or pass some time then go back again when it's your turn. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter