,

REVIEW: ELF Bronzer in Luminance

10:38 PM

My makeshift highlighter, LA Colors Eyeshadow in Harmony, was becoming too metallic and shiny for everyday use. I decided to give this one a try due to reviews that it's a great Mary Lou-Minance dupe. 




What: 5g of light yellow/straw colored powder bronzer
Spotted: Watson's ELF Kiosk
Price: Php 139.75

Packaging

The packaging is very simple. It's a clear flip compact that I fear that the hinges get loose overtime so I flip it carefully. Also, I'm afraid the powder might break inside my makeup purse but luckily, it hasn't yet :). It has no scent. I like its size; it's smaller than pressed powder but bigger than an eyeshadow single.






Ingredients:



Performance

It didn't break me out. The shimmers look very natural. It's not gold, it's not white and it's not metallic. I use this even at daytime because it gives  such a subtle glow. It prevents me from having a flat, pasty facial skin look. However, I find that it isn't that long-lasting. I have to retouch every 4 hours at most. With that said, I always have to bring my retractable kabuki blush brush. The trick I discovered is to apply it after the foundation, when the skin is still a bit sticky, not after the setting powder because ELF Luminance would just slide off.



Swatch:

Taken without flash

To highlight, apply it on the bridge of your nose, in front of your chin and on your cheekbones or the apples of your cheeks.

ELF Luminance WITHOUT flash


ELF Luminance WITH flash




Verdict

Will I buy again? Right now I'm loving this highlighter compact, but I might try Sleek's Face Form (Php 850) or Sleek's Contour Kit (Php 650). For Php 140, ELF Luminance gives you a decent, natural looking glow!


**Rating 4/5**

Pros
Very Affordable at P140
Widely Available
No Fragrance
Flesh pigmentation; Very natural-looking

Cons
Not that long-lasting. Have to reapply after 4 hours.
No mirror included



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter