,

Review: Beauty UK Posh Palette in #1 Eden

6:52 PM


I got to know about this palette from Carmen Claire Cosmetics on Facebook (Philippines) and there it costs Php 550. When I happen to see an Ayosdito.ph seller selling it for less, I bought it after reading some good reviews.



What: 10 pieces of powder eyeshadow. 1 gram each color.
Where: I bought it online. The seller only has this piece left.
Price: I bought it for Php 250. Carmen Claire sells it for Php 550.

Packaging




It doesn't come in a box unlike Sleek Eyeshadow. It has a small horizontal mirror inside and a sponge tip applicator. The case is made of shiny plastic but I think it's not durable because it creaks when I hold it. I haven't brought this on travel yet so I can't just if the shadows will break or not during travel.

Ingredients:

No Al Lake colors! :)




Performance
WITHOUT primer

WITHOUT primer. Different lighting.

Beauty UK Eden eye shadows are finely milled and doesn't have big glitter chunks. It has 2 matte colors, namely #2 and #5. The rest has a shimmery finish, kind of like a butterfly's wings powder :P. It presents no fall-out upon application, but a primer is needed, because the pigmentation, although buildable, ranges from light to medium without a primer. I almost wanted to call this my Naked 3 dupe because of its rose hued eye shadows.



Road test/ EOTD! The shadows lasted about 5-6 hours before starting to fade. Although there were no fall outs upon application, I find that the shimmers tend to migrate to my cheeks and around my eyes far from my lids! TIP: Apply concealer around the eyes after using Beauty UK Eden OR use a scotch tape or masking tape to pick up excess shimmer.  Finger application tends to pick up more color than brush application. 




Shimmers are very visible with flash!







Conclusion

Overall for the price I paid (Php250 + Php 120 Shipping fee) Beauty UK Eden is a good set of eye shadows. I just wish it has a matte black eye shadow instead of a shimmery gray one (#8). Heck I think all eye shadow palettes should have a matte black eye shadow. A good primer is definitely needed.

Do I recommend this? Yes. The pigmentation is good. The color selection is average because in my opinion a matte black and a matte raw umber or white (for blending) would be helpful. If you're not a fan of shimmery eye shadows then I think you won't like this one.



Pros

Affordable
Buildable
No Lake colors.
Good color selection 

Cons
Pigmentation ranges from light to medium WITHOUT a primer.
Not widely available in the Philippines.
No matte black eyeshadow :P.
OK packaging (Not flimsy, not sturdy)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter