Review: Avon Ultra Moisture Rich Over Nature Lipstick in Cherry Berry & Tender Tulip

3:51 PM

I thought it was just Lorde making waves on the dark, matte lips scene, but then I began seeing a lot of Hollywood celebrities wearing dark lipsticks as well. This Avon Ultra Moisture Rich Overnature Lipstick in Cherry Berry has officially become on of my favorites!






What: A cream tube lipstick with a satin finish
Where: In Avon kiosks or from Avon dealers
Price: I bought it for Php 250 but originally costs Php 290+


Packaging

It comes with a small cardboard box. The lipstick itself has a very interesting matte, floral packaging. It doesn't look like the typically Avon lipstick. I might not be afraid to drop this one accidentally :P.




Bar code obscured on purpose.





Ingredients:




Performance

I love the pigmentation! Also, unlike any other local Avon lipsticks, Avon Overnature lipstick in Cherry Berry is so opaque and non-greasy! I ALWAYS avoid Avon lipsticks because they're just full of wax fillers but this one is an exception! On the tube it appears deep maroon, but when swiped on the lips. it gives a deep red color with a cool undertone. 


There are two ways that I use my Avon Over nature in Cherry Berry lipstick. First look: I dab it on my lips and spread it to give a bitten berry tint for everyday wear.








Second look: Swipe it on your lips for a full effect. TIP: Put a little foundation on your lips, dust it with face powder before applying Cherry Berry. The result would be an insanely opaque deep red lips with no uneven patches.



It transfers. So here's a TIP: Dab your fully made-up lips with pressed powder. The result would be a less transferring and purely matte lips. 









With flash:





Here is Tender Tulip. It feels more moist and isn't as pigmented and long-lasting as Cherry Berry. It has a soft, metallic finish (not glittery).











Conclusion:
I love it and I hope other Avon Over Nature lipsticks are this opaque and pigmented. Cherry Berry is perfect for dark-lipped gals like me! Check out my Facebook by the way and let's be friends :)

Pros:
Pigmented
Long-lasting & non-greasy
Widely Available
Looks professional and not cheap.
Doesn't leave a layer of white gunk on lips!
Cute and sturdy packaging

Cons:
It transfers.
Settles into lines.
Fades a little when you eat (especially greasy foods)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter