, , ,

REVIEW: HBC Sansan HD 2-way Cake (Natural), San San HD concealer (Beige) & San San HD Foundation (ALL 3 shades)

6:54 PM



I discovered Sansan's HD line thru My Lucid Intervals' review so I decided to give it a try. I got the 2-way cake because Fashion 21's 2-way cake w/ Milk Moisturizer was out of stock & the HD concealer because it's a rave among local bloggers.

I've been using these for at least 2 weeks. Be assured for a comprehensive review!

San San 2-way HD cake in NATURAL




Package & Product



What:2-way powder foundation. 6 grams of product.

Where I bought it: HBC 
Price: Php 170 (no refills yet as of writing)

Hmm. Fingerprint magnet casing. I plan to put pretty stickers on this because it looks messy with lots of oily fingerprints. It also appears a bit flimsy & I'm afraid 
overtime it won't lock that good or the hinge would get loose.





On the bright side, NO PARABENS! :D 




But let's analyze the ingredients. I did a quick research and here are my findings. Click and visit the EWG assessment on the ff. ingredients. 0 (safe) -10 (harmful). Some data are limited.




Talc (3)
Mica (2)
Methyl Methacrylate (8-9!) "Known human lung and skin toxicant (only for products that may be aerosolized (airborne); products for use on skin) - European Commission on Endocrine Disruption"
Benzophenone-3 (8!! Harmful)


I think I will buy Fashion 21 2 way cake with Milk Moisturizer next time! I'm using Human Nature pressed powder before I bought San San HD 2-way but HHN pressed powder's coverage is too sheer for me. I researched Fashion 21's 2-way cake w/milk moisturizer and EWG scores range from 0-3 with propyl paraben being 10.



Performance


First impression: I tried the tester in the store using THEIR WET SPONGE on my jawline huhu (very unhygienic! Not recommended!) and the coverage was from medium to full. I was disappointed that the powder itself is just 6 grams (usually it's 9 grams). I got the concealer in BEIGE but the HD 2-way cake in beige is darker than the concealer.


Coverage and Texture: Medium coverage, not too cakey. I prefer applying this with a wet sponge because dry powder is too sheer. Oil control is good. I can't explain it. After 2 hours face looks dewy but when I touch it, it doesn't feel oily. It actually feels still freshly powdered. I was caught on a rush hour and again when I got home, my face doesn't feel oily but looks dewy. 



Conclusion:

Will I buy again? Maybe not.
Is this worth a shot? Yes of course.

Pros
-Affordable ( Php 170 )
-Medium to heavy coverage
-Big mirror
-Casing has a mesh compartment so the sponge can "breathe."


Cons

-Some wacky chemicals in it.
-can look cakey sometimes

San San HD concealer in BEIGE




Package & Product


What: 2.5ml of concealer in a click pen with soft brush tip.

Price: Php105.


Hmm same reflective purple packaging. It's ok but as usual I might put pretty stickers on it. 








Performance



It's blendable but after some time, it would dry on your skin and it won't budge. I 

have horribly dark circles (Thanks genes). I mix Collection Cosmetics concealer in #1 Fair and this one in Beige because Beige is exactly my skin tone & I need a slightly lighter concealer. HD Concealer in Natural looks too light on me but I plan to buy it instead of Collection cosmetics next time.

Coverage: Medium to full. Settles into fine lines. Make sure to blot away with a little powder. You need about 3 clicks for the product to come out.


NO MAKEUP

WITH SAN SAN HD CONCEALER IN BEIGE

WITH SAN SAN HD CONCEALER (BEIGE) & SANSAN 2 WAY CAKE (NATURAL; applied dry) 
Conclusion

Will I buy again? Yes.


Pros

-Good coverage
-Available in HBC outlets (some have testers, some don't)
-Brush applicator feels soft


Cons

-Limited shades (Only 3)
-Amount (only 2.5 ml)
-Reflective violet packaging -.-

                   San San HD Foundation in Beige

Package & Product



What: 25ml of liquid foundation with pump dispenser & glass bottle.

Price: Php195 (Now Php205).



It feels very solid & expensive. If not for the obvious reflective purple cap that shouts SANSAN all the way, I could mistake this as a department store brand. One pump delivers enough product to cover the face.









Performance



I have a lot of broken capillaries on my cheeks and very uneven skin tone. Though I'm not bothered with that much acne, looking stressed and dull always can be as worse as having deep acne scars.


I applied this amount to my cheek:



NO MAKEUP

WITH SAN SAN HD FOUNDATION (BEIGE)


Coverage & Texture: It's more opaque than BB cream &  definitely NOT OILY. It covers broken capillaries & red areas well. From 1-10 with 10 being Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation, I'd say it's around 7-8. It's buildable but it can look cakey if you put too much. It has a light vanilla scent which fades.

Longevity: It stays good for 4-5 hours depending on the weather. After that I noticed some fading and my capillaries and blotchy complexion were starting to show. I wore this on commute at 10-11AM and upon reaching school, I still look like I have make up on, unlike BB creams which fade easily (but are very moisturizing).

Tips: Use a moisturizer or a day cream under San San HD Foundation as it's not very moisturizing. When retouching with face powder or 2-way cake, just pat it on your face & don't simply wipe or rub it on.




Conclusion
Will I buy again? YES! 
Recommended? Yes.



Pros

-Medium to full coverage
-Long-lasting
-Solid packaging. No leaks
-Oil free & Paraben free. Looks slightly dewy.
-Can withstand sweat and humid weather.

Cons
-The scent (for some)
-Amount (only 25ml. Why not make it 30ml even for a higher price.)
-Shade selection. (Only 3; Natural, Beige and Olive.)

*****
♥ MY FACEBOOK: HANDSTONES ♥ 
Their website is unfortunately not updated so check them at HBC outlets near you. :)




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter