, ,

Nichido Minerals Eye Pencil in Tiger Eye.

3:02 PM

Nichido Minerals Eye Pencil in Tiger Eye


Available at Nichido booths in department stores and Watson's.

It's a 1.4 gram eye pencil that has a raw umber shade, so don't worry about it turning reddish brown. This pencil is in Tiger Eye. While 3 other shades are available, matte black, intense bronze and a flesh-toned one (a spot concealer, as it claims), I chose this because it's dark enough to line the eyes without looking dirty.

Made in Czech? Water resistant?


You have to sharpen it.


Aside from being a mineral cosmetic, its water resistant (as claimed) property is a plus. So I gave it a try. At Php138 (around US$3), this is cheap. I wanted to test the water resistance of this one. So here.

This is a swatch of  Nichido Minerals Eye Pencil in Tiger Eye. I only rubbed it lightly once. Quite pigmented. It doesn't drag my skin.





Above is the same swatch, but I let running water on my hand. It didn't disturb it, so I rubbed the swatch lightly six times still under running water just to see how long it would last. So this is it. Obviously it has faded and you can see the smudge.

The water resistance is ok. Nothing awesome.  Staying power however, lasts around 5 hours. What I think this eyeliner (and ALL eyeliners!) needs is an sebum/oil-resistant property. On ordinary days, without me crying or whatever drama, I still find my pencil eyeliner smudged somehow. That's why I always rely on liquid and pen eyeliners. They're handy and more convenient to apply than gel eyeliners, though I think gel eyeliners are easier to apply. Almost all pencil eyeliners have some wax in their ingredient so that makes it instantly waterproof! Duh oil and water don't mix. So if there's an oilproof pencil eyeliner around, I'll give it a try! ❤



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Today's Views

Website Visitor Counter